Huot Manufacturing, a 90+ year old sheet metal fabricator in the Twin Cities
This position in full time, Monday through Friday
POSITION TITLE: Shipping Clerk REV: June 2017
JOB STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Supervisor
SUPERVISES: No One
Responsible to fill and ship orders which adhere to customer specifications and
* Process orders for customers based on shipping orders and customer specifications. Secure orders as not to cause damage to the product in transit.
* Fill and document UPS, FedEx, and LTL truck orders per UPS and company standards as
* Fill out shipping and bills of lading per company standards.
* Schedule truck lines in to pick up product per sales instructions and company schedule.
* Fill orders for will call as requested.
* Drive forklifts as needed.
* Put finished goods from assembly departments into warehouse locations and enter into computer
* Operate two-wheeler and pallet jacks to move product within the warehouse.
* Assemble, heat shrink, and box product to get ready to ship
* Must be cross trained in UPS, FedEx, and LTL shipments
* Must demonstrate proficiency in, and compliance with, all applicable Company ISO requirements.
* Willingness to work in a team with warehouse and production staff
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma.
* 2 years work experience required.
* Computer knowledge.
* Math and reading skills.
* Ability to work with others.
* Must pass Forklift driving test.
* Able to lift up to 75 pounds several times daily, with assistance where needed.
* Able to lift 75 pounds repeatedly.
* Handle load on two-wheeler 150 pounds average, up to 300 lbs.
* Standing, walking, bending, reaching, lifting, carrying and grasping, pushing, pulling.
* Exposure to temperature changes, dampness, dust, risk of injury, noise.
* Dexterity, alertness, precision, memory, concentration, initiative.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.