HUOT MANUFACTURING COMPANY
POSITION TITLE: Manufacturing Manager
JOB STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
SUPERVISES: Quality Control, Production Manager, and Tool & Die Maker.
To manage the production, purchasing, tooling, and safety functions in a manner which results in continuity of the company’s manufacturing operations through assessment of current and projected output in relation to material and personnel needs, and costs.
* Oversees plant production. Coordinates plant production with order due dates,
minimizes down time. Backup for Production Manager when necessary.
* Manages purchasing and inventory control.
* Researches, reviews, and resolves job costing variances.
* Coordinates equipment feasibility studies with President, Engineer, Production
Manager and other production supervision. Facilitates recommendations of Equipment, Machinery, and capital purchases.
* Maintains compliance with State and Federal regulations involving OSHA,
hazardous waste, and environmental permits.
- Monthly software maintenance and problem solving on ERP Software.
- Processes cost roll up for new and ECN products to ensure margins are met.
- Provide backup assistance to purchasing and IT when necessary.
- Drives planning and implementing new and improved production processes and methods
- Researches inventory issues and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Works with Supervisors to develop inventory procedures to ensure accurate inventory.
- Monitor and maintain high turnover and high value items for accuracy; with additional focus on paint powder and finished goods.
- Manages annual physical inventory process.
- Reviews work orders for accuracy in costing, and researches variances. Performs monthly work order closing.
* Demonstrates proficiency in, and compliance with, all applicable Company ISO requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of state and federal OSHA, environmental and hazardous waste
* Computer skills.
* 5+ years production management in progressively more responsible positions.
(BS degree in Business or 10 years related experience.)
* Knowledge of inventory control.
* Sight, hearing and ability to speak clearly are required.
* Sitting at computer for long period of time.
* Works in both office and factory.
* Precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytic ability, creativity, judgement,
reasoning, imagination, initiative, patience.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisor or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
To maintain equipment, keep computer systems up to date, purchase small equipment, have a $5,000 discretionary authority.
Quote jobs up to $30,000 without review.
Oversee the purchase of materials for products.