POSITION TITLE: Paint Department Supervisor REV: July 2018
JOB STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
SUPERVISES: Finishing Department (Powder Paint)
To supervise and direct the performance and operation of the Finishing Department to meet the company goals for quality, quantity, safety.
* Attends weekly production meetings.
* Thorough knowledge of washer systems, spray booth, scheduling.
* Works with production to plan and schedule the work assignments to meet our customer needs. Works
by due date.
* Supervises and directs the operation and performance of paint department to meet company standards for safety, quality, and quantity.
* Supervises guides and facilitates employees to best develop and effectively use their potential in achievement of company objectives.
* Reports to Production Manager and maintenance department equipment that needs attention and follow up.
* Provides timely and accurate reporting of production results through established reporting procedures.
* Identifies and reports problems and discrepancies and initiates corrective action or makes recommendations as appropriate.
* Coordinate with other departments to ensure cooperative effort in achieving company goals.
* Participates in planning and implementing new and improved processes, methods, and equipment through the 5s Group, Suggestion Committee, and Safety Committee.
* Monitors and reviews production labor standards and implements new and or improved standards.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in, and compliance with, all applicable Company ISO requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School degree or equivalent.
* 5 years experience.
* Strong Math skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Strong reading skills and computer skills.
* Able to lift 55 pounds.
* Able to stand 8 plus hours.